Saturday 2 May 2015

Suffolk in what...

Ahhh the first blog post... No pressure... 


So after months of studying the art of thermography and the Equine anatomy at home, I decided to take the plunge and made what turned out to be a 4 hour drive from Cheshire to Suffolk to train with my tutor - highly respected thermographer Sandie Chambers. 

Sandie's gorgeous place!

I stayed in the most adorable B&B - Church Farm B&B with Ruth and her husband Paul. Ruth was a wonderful host and the twin room which I had all to myself was perfect. If anyone is ever that way I would recommend you check out their farm!

Twin Room - all to myself!

I can honestly say it was so worth the 8 hours all in all of travelling, I managed to get my hands on an infra-red camera and take some scans of Sandie's prize possession and the ultimate horse model - Diablo. 




After a morning scanning it was straight on to analysing the images and producing a report. 



Distal forelimb shot

This shot shows a bilateral (when one side of the body is compared to the exact same region on the other side) temperature difference on the upper cannon region on Diablos offside distal limb. This inflammation can be attributed to the fact that Diablo has a splint there. 

Diablo suffers from mud fever and despite it appearing to have gone according to the human eye, the inflammation from the mud fever still remains in around the fetlock and pastern region - poor Diablo!


Jess x






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BaileyCakes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig